Servings: 8 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 lb pasta (any brand you prefer or freshly made)
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cherry tomatoe diced
- 1 stick of butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup of vodka (cheap brand for cooking)
- 1 13-15 ounce can of tomatoe puree or tomato diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- In a medium size pot boil about 4 to 6 quarts of water and boil
- Add about 2 pinches of salt (I prefer sea salt)
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add pasta, stir for about 1 min and cover.
- Do not cover the entire pot or it will bubble so let it breath a bit
- Set the timer for 7 minutes (for now)
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes with 2 tablespoon of butter and 2 table spoon of olive oil in a frying pan
- Stir until onions soften.
- Pour in the tomato puree or diced (your choice)
- Stir in vodka
- Add heavy cream and stir for about 2 minutes to combine on low heat
- Sprinkle pepper flakes and parmesan cheese
- Drain the pasta and immediately place into the vodka sauce and stir about to coat the penne
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Pairs well with Italian or garlic bread, a glass of wine for those 18 and older and best part eat with those you love.
Photo credit: monkavenue